Whether you opt for an existing digital wallpaper design or have something created to meet your own specific needs, there are some amazing digital wallpaper trends emerging in 2017.
Above all, innovative digital printing technology allows designers to create just about anything they want. This incorporates an enormous world of needs from incredible feature walls that simply inspire, to walls that make a corporate statement.
The over-riding factor is that one-of-a-kind murals may be created using short runs that don’t rely on stock. It’s print-on-demand for wallpaper!
So What is Trending in the World of Digital Wallpaper?
In many ways, the projected digital wallpaper trends for 2017 are a misnomer because they belie what they stand for. For instance, breaking right out of the box, the old concept of repeating patterns is out. Instead, just about anything is acceptable, even printing new colors and patterns over existing wallpaper that is considered “dead stock.”
Some ultra-exciting trends include:
- Interactive wallpaper that isn’t simply a backdrop, but something that means something. For children, bold black-and-white illustrations invite them to color while for adults, magnetic wallpaper gives them the opportunity to hang up their own works of art.
- Metallic digital wallpaper, while not new in concept, continues to trend. It adds glitz and load of glamor and can look old or new in style.
- Glow-in-the-dark wallpaper that brings a room alive at night.
- Digital wallpaper that features florals and botanical images is back in vogue. But not pretty pink like granny used to like! These are bold and beautiful and don’t necessarily look like plants and flowers found in nature. The idea is simply to exploit the images to enhance your interior, either corporate or homey.
- Botanical realities from ferns to water lilies.
- Using a beautiful photograph that could be a view from your living room or corporate office. It’s an amazing solution for rooms without windows!
- The ultimate trompe l’oeil that mimics any number of surfaces from wood paneling to brick or stone surfaces. It’s even easier than using a faux veneer.
- Feature walls that mimic natural materials from reeds to rusty fencing. Although similar to the trompe l’oeil idea, this type of digital wallpaper can be more of a picture than a fake surface – a mix between the two previous ideas.
All-in-all most of these trends lie in a world of infinite virtual reality and can take on any form you like. This is at the heart of digital wallpaper.
If you want some great ideas for your spaces, contact MegaBytes Digital today. We can help you make it happen.